Ding, dong.....Topher calling!!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Slacker...No Longer I Am




So I know I have been slacking a bit on this blogging thing. Work has been a little overwhelming. For those who do not know, I work for an Advertising and Public Relations firm. I am like a mixture of the two assistants in The Devil Wears Prada, all balled into one. Sometimes hectic and sometimes drives me to drink, but I actually love it.

Have also been overwhelmed with a flurry of various emotions over the whole Prop 8 thing in California, and am amazed with the spur of protests that have and continue to spring up all over our fine nation. I am actually going to take my sign tomorrow morning and join in, have never felt the need to get political, until now. I have never in my life felt the surge of emotion and anger of this nature course through my veins. It scares me a little bit. My dear friend Julie, aka Whora, was kind enough to talk me through it yesterday, and reaffirmed to me that I need to channel my anger in a productive manner. So, if you see me, with my sign, out on the street tomorrow, you will know why. Life should not be lived as a second class citizen, and I am sick it. It is time for change.

Much peace and love to all!!! Until next time----Topher

1 Comments:

Blogger Cambel said...

Good for you! I'm sick of waiting for those dipshits at HRC to decide when is the right time to ask politely if we may please oh please of 1/10th of our rights with cream and sugar please.

November 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home