Ding, dong.....Topher calling!!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An E-Greeting, You Don't Want

I got diagnosed with Syphilis since we played. You might want to get checked too. www.inspotla.org




Yep, you read it correctly. This is an e-card I found online the other day. No, no one sent it to me, it is a sample I made for my own amusement.

There is nothing worse in this world, then hearing someone say that they have an STD, and that you had been with them. Most of the time, you never know, until it is too late. Things are drippy or itchy, or just plain fowl. For many years, when the word of someone having an STD reaches your local health department, they are more than willing to make those unpleasant phone calls for you. They will even go far enough to keep it anonymous, as to prevent someone leaving a flaming turd on your porch.

In my life, I have received 2 such calls. "Mr. Miller, this is the Salt Lake County Health Department. You may have been exposed to gonorrhea and syphilis, please come in right away." Thankfully, my tests came up clean, but I was still mortified. But mortification soon lead to pissed. Who has the balls, to go to bed with someone, and then suddenly loose their balls to tell me in person, or on the phone, "hey, get yourself checked." When I tested positive for HIV, I personally called my partners, yes partners (I use to be really trampy), and let them know directly from me.

But now, you can send people and anonymous e-card to let them know that their plumbing may be off. The cards are actually quite crafty and did make me giggle a bit. You can pick what ailment is ailing you, and they have the whole gamete to choose from.

I realize that this is a great service to have, for those that lack the respect for those they bone, to make the personal call and heartfelt apology for being a whore.

I just hope, I never get one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

"It's not what you brought to the party, it's what you left with.." LMAO

Ok, actually it's not really funny because you're right.. an E-CARD? REALLY? But still.. lol

I was once told by my Dr. that I had tested positive for Chlamydia (they check a bunch of STD's when you're first pregnant). I told him there was no way that was possible.. he, and later the nurse both gave me a look and said, "Yeah... (like they've heard that before) you're just going to need to take this antibiotic and no sex for a week..".

I wasn't about to take something I didn't need to while prego so I had my husband ask his Dr. (he went because he was sick) about it and his Dr. gave him a look and said "Yeah...". LOL My poor hubby had to drop his pants and get a huge cotton swab shoved up his junk. I still feel bad.

Shocker, his test came up negative and my retest also did. Nice.

Sorry to hear about the HIV.

I'm so glad you found me!! :o)

October 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Cambel said...

Well of course we have to ask the question Becky.....was the guy who had the junk swab done the same guy in the picture? lol
Spindoc

November 7, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home