Ding, dong.....Topher calling!!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008



Well last night absolutly blew me away. Obama took McCain, balled up him, stuck him in a pipe.......AND SMOKED HIM!!!! It reassures me that we as Americans still have a voice in a country that seems to be run by large corporations, lobbyists and special interest groups.

Sadly enough, Prop 8 in California passed, and hate and discrimination will be written into the California State Constitution. I cried when I read that. It baffles me and it hurts that in this day and age, all men are NOT created equal. My thoughts and prayers are with my friends in California, who are pissed and hurting the most.

And Chris Buttars, one of Utah's biggets racists, and biggots, and hate mongers, has retained his seat in the State Senate. His mouth has utterd some of the most hateful words, on the Senate floor, and still, people in his district love and support him. I have learned that the setbacks and discrimitory actions, that I once thought were set and caused by our goverment, should be blamed on the government. I stand corrected, the blame lies with the douchebags that voted and continue to vote people like Chris Buttars into office.

I am thankful that change is coming, but am bummed, because we as voters could have more change. Last night I distanced myself even more from the LDS faith. Their support and financial donations to support Prop 8 have shown me that much of what I was taught as a child, have no merit in the real world.Sadly enough that hate and discrimination will be written into the California State Constitution. I cried when I read that. It baffles me and it hurts that in this day and age, all men are NOT created equal. My thoughts and prayers are with my friends in California, who are pissed and hurting the most.

Last night I distanced myself even more from the LDS faith. Their support and financial donations to support Prop 8 have shown me that much of what I was taught as a child, have no merit in the real world. Why would I or anyone else want to be part of a organization that promotes unequality, hate, discrimination. Was it not a primary song that says "Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too.." I was taught that man was made in God's image.....that means God is part gay. I now hold my new former religion and those others that voted for Prop 8, in the same class as the Nazi's, KKK, and any other movement that can not respect and extend equality to all men and women that God hath created.

All I ask, is keep voting and making your voice heard, and hopefully some day....ALL MEN AND WOMEN WILL BE TREATED AS EQUAL!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Wanna be my long lost new best friend??? lol

Yay for change and I feel the exact same way about church stuff. I've received emails from family (LDS) members about how Prop 8 HAD to pass.. I'm truly baffled. I'm furious that they believe they have the right to tell two people who love each other that they can't be married. And they dumped SO much money into it! Nice. What a joke. Anyway.. ask me how I really feel.

November 5, 2008 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Cambel said...

Hey Topher....have no fear, things will get better. I know it can seem bleak in SLC right now, but I honestly think the LDS church shot their wad on this one. Give it a few years and it will be 1978 for them all over again.

Signed.......SPINDOC. ;)

November 7, 2008 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hey Chris, I tagged you.. not sure if you're into that, but if you are, you can get more details from my blog. :-D

November 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home